Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Of plans and goals, cycle 2011

Ah... 7:30 Am on a Tuesday morning, I woke up earlier because of hunger, first thing I saw on my table was a piece of pear so I grabbed and munched on it. This is day one of my fruit diet. Yeah, nothing but fruits to eat, of course acidic fruits are not allowed, as well as dairy... For three days.

It is now 8:39 AM. After drinking my protein shake and after being distracted by Facebook and reading some new online photography gear sellers, I am back to my blog. Back to the diet plan. According to my online research, the Fruit Cleansing diet is recommended for 3 days, but it can be up to 30 days. In my case, since I already had undergone a liquid diet back in 2009 (which I lost 30lbs in 1 month), this will not be that difficult at all. Besides, everything is just in the mind anyway. I am prepping myself for a 10 day fruit diet plan and then slowly progress to vegetarianism. Once there, meats of any kind for me will be treated as luxury. I will still eat meat, but only in certain occasions, special occasions that is. So to lessen temptations, less eating out.

Last year, I had plans, I had goals; none were met. This year, it's another cycle, of plans, goals, and turning them into reality. I looked back and assessed, what hindered me into reaching my goals? I dare say not, not now anyway. So here I am again, blogging about my goals... This year it is less but the less goals I have, the more I can focus into each one of them. Actually I only have one major goal for this year, that is to save money. It has been 5 years that I have been working, and no significant savings yet, It's about time I have.

1.) Have significant Savings
2.) Complete my photography gear (lenses).
a.) Canon 28mm F2.8 lens
b.) Tokina 11-16mm F2.8 lens
3.) Buy and learn to play a guitar
4.) Have a passport
5.) Lose weight and maintain 125lbs of lean muscle (that is the lightest and thinnest I will ever be), I am only 5'3".

For months now I have not had any inspirations to shoot, I just don't. So Xian has been sleeping quietly in his drybox for the longest time, ever.

9:14 AM, after eating a bittersweet grapefruit I am again back to my typing. I just love my new keyboard so much it induces me to just type even if I don't have any thoughts to type about. My old keyboard died on me in the middle of December. I so I have to replace it with a new one. I looked so hard for any third party keyboard can be compatible to my old Mac, but I ended buying the original Apple keyboard. It is quite expensive, but it is just so beautifully thin, and light on the fingers, and very quiet. The keyboard itself is heavier than most keyboards and but it so thin... I think this is just 1/8th of an inch thick.

So there, those are my thoughts so far and my plans for this brand new year. This time I will practice what I should have done long before, and which I lacked everytime I have plans... FAD (Focus, Ambition, Discipline). Oh yeah, I have ambition, but I lack the F and the D. This time, there will be the three.

4 comments:

  1. 5.) Lose weight and maintain 125lbs of lean muscle (that is the lightest and thinnest I will ever be), I am only 5'3".

    *raised eyebrows* kahit hindi ako marunong hahaha..

    2.) Complete my photography gear (lenses).
    a.) Canon 28mm F2.8 lens
    b.) Tokina 11-16mm F2.8 lens


    why 28mm? hindi ba redundant coz of 11-16? i suggest 90mm f2.8 or similar :)

    shoot na tayo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Chemguy, eh.. may Point ka! LOL! I also want to have the 100mm F2... Sobrang ganda ng reviews everywhere.

    @JP: You will not eat at all, any solid food.

    @MB: Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete