Monday, September 3, 2012

The Phantom of the Opera in Manila (a review by musical first timer)

Last night, me and a very good friend went to watch The Phantom of the Opera at the CCP main theatre. We were lucky to get great seats at the orchestra at a very early part of this year because the seats got sold out pretty quickly. Thanks to Citibank, we got our tickets at a discounted price.



This is my very first musical, so I cannot compare it to anything at all; except to the movie version of the play, however, I think it would be unjustifiable if I did.



The set was marvelous, and I was amazed how they fit all the props on that stage, and with a few surprises. I can really say, that the set was not only expensive, fabulous and exciting, but also high tech! Regarding the production, everything was glamourous; from the costumes to the props. I was astounded with the talents involved in the entire musical; from how they design and put up the props, the orchestra, and of course... the actors. The musical was done in a very operatic or should I say classical fashion; and being a virgin to these kinds of production, everything to me was so new and was just simply amazing.

The musical received a standing ovation. I heard whispers from nearby audience that the ticket price was all worth-it and they loved it. As for me, it was simply a magical night I will never forget. 

1 comment:

  1. ako wala pang napapanood na musical ever on stage hahaha. sana sooooooon!

    ReplyDelete