Friday, April 8, 2011

My Top 10s: Most favorite movies of all time.

I have a lot of favorite movies. Ironically, I am not a movie type of guy, at all! I rarely like to go out and watch the latest movies, or watch movies, period. To the few movies that catches my interest, one thing important to me is cinematography, then the plot and acting.

So here are 10 of just some of my most favorite movies, with 1 liner comments from yours truly.

Casshern

A story about war, love, hate, and revenge; a movie of visual feasts of colors and moods.

2046

A colorful sci-fi drama of characters with broken hearts and broken lives.

Bangkok Love Story

Love knows no boundaries, and transcends through time, undying.

Cape No. 7

A light, feel good movie to warm your heart, make you smile and feel mushy inside.

Trainspotting

A movie about heroine addicts and the choices they make.

What's Eating Gilbert Grape

An extraordinary drama about two brothers; this movie broke my cold wall between me and my younger brother. I can relate so much to this movie.

Dancer in the Dark

You will love your mother more after watching this film. Warning: this movie is very depressing.

Letters from Iwo Jima

I never appreciated such talent and drama in a war movie until I have watched this film.

House of Flying Daggers

How far will you go for love, how will you fight for it?

Across the Universe

A feel good musical that will leave you singing to the songs of the Beatles.

7 comments:

  1. wow! ang nice ng collection mo, iniisa isa kong panoorin ang trailer infairness wahihihi.

    Casshern
    - Ang cool, di ko napanood tong movie na to. Pero ganda, gusto ko sya mapanood. Infairness gusto ko ang boses ng mga japanese. Ewan ko ba, nagagandahan ako sa boses nila. Pero ang weird nga lang ng expression ng face nila lol.

    Bangkok Love Story
    Astig! Ang kulit ng story. Assassins, nagkainlaban hihi. Kinilig ako don wakekeke.

    What's Eating Gilbert Grape
    - Ito rin gusto ko mapanood. Heartwarming sya.

    Dancer in the Dark
    - Naalala ko yung song ng The Rasmus nito with the same title. Not sure kung dedicated ang song na yun sa movie na to. Parang ayoko to panoorin, kasi feeling ko maiiyak talaga ako pag pinanood ko to, mababaw lang lang luha ko XD

    House of Flying Daggers
    - Sa lahat ng nilista mo, ito lang napanood ko. Astig story nito. Love and betrayal.

    Across the Universe
    - Ang cool, gusto ko rin sya mapanood hihi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bangkok love story.... haaaaaaay. pamatay ang ending nila! hindi ko pa rin nakakalimutan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm I've only seen Gilbert Grape, BLS, Iwo Jima and Across the Universe from ur list..

    my list would include Schindler's List, LOTR, The Pianist, Braveheart hehe :P

    musta na?

    ReplyDelete
  4. casshern is epic! you should watch suicide club, and irreversible too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice, gusto ko yung trainspotting. mrami tlgang foreign film na astig..

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Kraehe: Panoorin mo na yang mga nisuggests ko. Naku naku... Panoorin mo!

    @Nimmy: True true! Ganda di ba?

    @Soltero: Oiy! Kumusta ka na? AKo ehto, buhay pa naman. :-p Yang tatlong yang binaggit mo eh LOTR lang ang napanood ko.

    @린코 : I'll watch those movies, thanks for suggesting!

    @Keaton: Totoo! Most Hollywood films are so commercialized they suck. Most,not all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the movie.. and I am interested of watching the first, second and the 5th movie.. I am more into Hollywood scene... but I also watch some of asian movies as well as European.. I am more into story and plot.. next to that is the cinematography...

    ReplyDelete