- More than 34 million people now live with HIV/AIDS.
- 3.4 million of them are under the age of 15.
- In 2010, an estimated 2.7 million people were newly infected with HIV.
- 390,000 were under the age of 15.
- Every day more than 7,000 people contract HIV—nearly 300 every hour.
- In 2010, 1.8 million people died from AIDS.
- 250,000 of them were under the age of 15.
- Since the beginning of the epidemic, more than 60 million people have contracted HIV and nearly 30 million have died of HIV-related causes.
Infected or not, HIV stops with us.
We will live to tell our story.
Stop the spread of the virus. Protect yourself and be informed.
Don't be a part of the statistics, be part of prevention.
Data source: www.amfar.org
Data as of: November 2011