Friday, January 6, 2012

X II: for Fred and to his grieving heart

You left me on the edge of a cold sandy beach
Icy waters greeting my feet
Like the endless tears of pain in hell
You left me on the edge of a cold sandy beach

I stand frozen
Looking at the distant memory of you
You kissed me goodbye
And hugged me 'till my tears dry

Waves are coming for me
Piercing wind, scratching my face
Yet I stand there frozen
Looking for you
Waves are coming for me,
yet I stand there frozen,
as tears drown my longing for you.

I walk towards the water
Freezing water, like your heart when you left me.
I walk farther from the shore
Like how I must walk away,
from the memory of you
I drown myself in the deep ocean blue

How I wish I can just drown myself
To feel nothing but the freezing cold
Until my body numbs
Until I can no longer feel...

As I let myself go in the waters that swallowed me
How I wish you could hear my plea
I let go of the future
...and the memories of us.
 Is that we will ever be.


Poem for Fred, as I try to feel his grief of his recent heartbreak.

No comments:

Post a Comment